Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish Cobras

As many of you know, I have been in many musicals. In fact "Thoroughly Modern Millie" was my 10th Grays Harbor College Winter/Spring Musical! What a way to celebrate my 10th show, eh? Save this next little tidbit for theater trivia! After the final performance, the cast participates in strike (tearing down the set you have fallen in love with). Last year during Urinetown a group of us decided we were part Irish and therefore the Irish Cobras! I had forgotten about it until this year when a couple of the guys started dressing up in St. Patricks Day garb. I asked them why and they said "because we're Irish Corbras". Now let me tell you, I was first generation, and these boys were second generation! How rude! And to top it all off, they told me if I wanted in I would have to be initiated by singing the fight song (dance included) at the mall. Not that I'm afraid of performing, but it was so uncalled for... especially since I was a founder! Eventually I sorted everything out and now I'm officialy Queen Cobra. =) haha. Anyway, two weeks before the show opened we had wacky tacky dress up day. The Cobras decided to sport out team colors.... the funniest part is that my dad had forgotten a shirt for practice and bought a Cobra shirt! =) We document the moment with a picture! Enjoy the picture and enjoy the quarky story of theater kids!
Oh P.S.... Ezra's a Cobra too. =)

No comments: