Do you ever have those days where you feel like you could update your facebook status a 100 times in one day? Those are the days I tell myself "I should write a blog", but then I start and I'm speechless. My fingers on the keyboard, I think of something, type it out and then backspace till it's gone.
Opening night is quickly approaching and I'm realizing I'm more nervous than I've ever been before. Why? Who knows! We run the first half of the first act today. I've been enjoying getting to know all my fellow actors/actresses. I'm working with some new people who are so fun! Ezra has been building the set and comes and watches a lot of practices. It's been fun to be working on the play together! You wanna know what my biggest fear is on stage? Getting a bloody nose on stage. I don't know if it's a redhead thing or family genes, but I easily get them when my nose is dry. If I were in the chorus, I could gracefully sneak off stage and the show would go on... but if I'm the only one on stage? How do you recover from that? Every year I think "how would my character act through that"? I usually don't come up with anything and I'm just left with the paralyzing fear. It's a tad frightening waiting off stage for your entrance and realizing that if you don't enter... the show doesn't go on. Well enough about that. If you haven't gotten your tickets... you should soon! It's a wonderful show and you'll love it!
Tomorrow Ezra and I will spend our second Valentine's together! =) I have practice in the morning and then we're going to drive down to Oregon to see my baby niece. My brother lives 30 minutes away from Astoria so Ezra booked us a hotel room on the water. =) I'll have to scrounge through my clothes tonight and try to find my "little black dress". I have no idea what else Ezra has up his sleeve and the anticipation is killing me! My birthday is on Thursday so I think we’re going to kinda do a valentine's/birthday deal. He's so good at being all romantic! He doesn't think he's very good at it, but I think he's great. He's so particular that he over thinks everything! He knows that my love language is gifts, so I think he puts too much pressure on himself! It's really not WHAT he gets, it's the thought. =) And knowing he puts so much time into thinking everything out is really all that matters.
I really thought I had more to say...
2 comments:
That's totally a legitimate fear! Wow, what would Milile do?!? I'm sure you'll be fine though.
I'm really excited to see the show! Maybe you could just stuff your nose with tissue before hand!! Do you think anyone would notice? Lol.
Post a Comment