Yes that's right.... I got my appendix removed! The pain started Friday night the 29th and never went away! Finally Sunday night Ezra told me that he thought I should go to the ER. I think what did it is that I realized.... It's not going to be better when I wake up.
I went in at 11:30 pm and the doctors couldn't find what was wrong with me. Even though I had acute pain in my stomach, I didn't have any other symptoms of an appendicitis. The only thing that was strange was that my blood pressure was really high. They did blood work and couldn't find anything. They finally did a cat scan (awful, awful experience) and found that my appendix was very inflamed. We got the results at 6:30 and at 7:30 I was heading to surgery!
Ezra did the Fiance thing and called all the family. Of course my family lives an hour away (we should have called sooner than we did) so they were there right after the surgery, but couldn't quite make it before. But Ezra's family came before surgery. His dad works in the hospital so he knew all my doctors that were involved in the surgery. He actually had just gotten off his shift. If I had gone into surgery much sooner he would have been the person to wake me up after my surgery. =)
I must say I'm feeling much better now. It was a hard recovery but I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
I'm getting married in 32 days! Can you imagine if I would have gotten an appendicitis any closer to the wedding? Or on my honeymoon in Mexico? Crazy good timing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Moment of silence for the appendix....OK!
Post a Comment