Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Goodbye Miss Hadley, hello Mrs. Simon!

I'm just about to start a new chapter in my life and I thought it was appropriate to blog about it. =)

I'm getting married in 24 days to the love of my life and best friend. Planning is a whirlwind and yet so enjoyable! It seems the closer it gets the more I have to do! Ezra has been fantastic and supportive of all my crazy creative ideas. I'm hoping the decorations I see in my head look as good in real life. My senior year of high school I was ASB president and tried to create a "creative" homecoming with paintings and structures…. I guess it was alright… but I failed in delegating and communicating what exactly to do. The day of decorating I felt like I needed to do everything myself to get it right. I'm thankful I had that experience because now I'm organizing tasks and what needs to happen first. =) I hope it works. It's nice to have Ezra too because he knows what I want and is good at making people do it…. It must be all those years of bossing people around at work. =) I know everything will work out just fine. Ezra is building the canopy we'll get married under. I think that's the best part. We'll be able to keep it sort of as a keep sake. He is so talented and I'm so proud of him.

Ezra's company unexpectedly closed about a month ago. At first it was a little scary but God has been opening doors for him. There has been a steady stream of people asking him to work on their house. I think he's busier now than when he was working for Cornerstone! We're praying a lot right now, but I think he's going to go into business for himself. Ezra went to breakfast at IHOP with my brother last weekend. Ezra was telling my brother about going into business for himself and a guy sitting at another booth turns around and says "I have a house on Whidbey Island that needs work. When you get back from your honeymoon call me and maybe you and your wife can stay up there while you work… as a vacation." How amazing is God? He's opening doors and showing us that he's going to provide!

This week is full of anticipation… I get to move on Thursday into the house we'll be living in after we're married. I'm excited to live all alone for 3 precious weeks. I'm going to do it in style… oversized t-shirt, wild hair, lots of ice cream, music cranked up and a hairbrush in hand as my microphone! I think once I move it'll become even more real that the wedding is so close!

So yeah… we get married in less than a month and then it's off to Mazatlan, Mexico!! We're leaving the day after our wedding and staying for 10 days! I've never been to Mexico so I'm very excited!

2 comments:

Rhianna said...

That is really cool about Ezra finding work!

I just stumbled over here from facebook, I'm glad to see you have a blog. I am going to link it from mine and keep track of how things are for you! :)

Suzanne said...

That is a really cool story! So the bro and the fiance met for pancakes, huh? That's cool. :)